Semiya Pongal for Breakfast
Ingredients for Semiya Pongal:
- Semiya (vermicelli) – 100 gm
- Green gram daal – ½ cup
- Refined groundnut oil – 3 big spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Black pepper seeds (as whole) – 18
- Cashew chopped – 2 big spoons
- Onion chopped – ½ cup
- Green chillies chopped – ½ big spoon
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
- Ghee – ¼ tsp
How to prepare Semiya pongal for breakfast?
- Fry green gram daal and cook it well. Never drain water.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry semiya till it becomes light red in colour.
- Boil 6 cups of water and cook vermicelli. Never over cook it. Drain excess water.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to splutter.
- Then add black pepper, cashew, green chillies and onions and sauté well.
- Add salt and vermicelli and sate again.
- Add cooked green gram and coconut. Let whole water to be absorbed. Put the flame off.