Rice Flakes Pradhaman (Aval Pradhaman)
Ingredients for Rice Flakes Pradhaman (Aval Pradhaman):
1. Rice flakes – 500 gm
2. Water – A little
Salt – 1 or 2 pinches
3. Jaggery – 500 gm melted
4. Ghee – 100 gms
5. Coconut milk 2nd extract – 2 cups
Coconut milk 1st extract – 1 cup
6. Ghee – 2 big spoons, for frying
Raisins – 1 big spoon
Cashews – 1 big spoon
7. Cardamom – 4, powdered
How to prepare Rice Flakes Pradhaman (Aval Pradhaman)?
1. Heat rice flakes in an urli.
2. Add a little water and salt to it and cook well.
3. Add melted jaggery and fry the contents well.
4. When contents thicken, add 100 gms of ghee little by little.
5. Add 2nd extract of coconut milk and boil the contents.
6. When payasam thickens add thick coconut milk and stir well.
7. Put off the flame just before payasam boils.
8. Heat 2 big spoons of ghee and fry cashews and raisins.
9. Add fried cashews and raisins to your payasam along with cardamom powder.
10. Mix the contents well and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2019
Also read a few more payasam and pradhaman recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images to read.