Potato Peas Curry
Ingredients for Potato Peas Curry:
1. Potato – 3
Tomato – 2
Green peas – ½ cup
2. Salt – For taste
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Coriander powder – ½ small spoon
Cumin powder – ½ small spoon
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
3. Oil – For tempering
Mustard seeds – ½ small spoon
4. Green chillies chopped – 2
Asafoetida – A pinch
5. Coriander leaves chopped – to decorate
How to prepare Potato Peas Curry?
1. Chop potatoes and tomatoes to medium sized pieces.
2. Mix it with half cup green peas and transfer the contents to a pressure cooker.
3. Add all the powders to it (listed as ingredients no: 2).
4. Cook the contents in a pressure cooker.
5. After 1st whistle, put off the flame and allow the contents to cool.
6. Heat oil in a pan and sputter mustard seeds.
7. Add green chillies and asafetida and sauté for a few moments.
8. Pour the cooked vegetable mixture to the pan and mix it well.
9. Add coriander leaves too, and allow the contents to boil.
10. An easy curry is ready for your hot chapattis.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine March 1-14, 2018
Also read two more Green Peas & Potato Curry Recipes – Recipe 1 and Recipe 2.
Read a few more Beans & Peas Vegetarian Side Dish recipes. Visit my page.