Okra Filled (Vendakka Nirachath)
Ingredients for Okra Filled (Vendakka Nirachath):
1. Okra – 225 gm
2. Amchur powder – 1 tablespoon
3. Ginger, cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder -1/2 tsp each
Salt – For taste
4. Oil – For frying
5. Corn flour – 2 table spoons
How to prepare Okra Filled (Vendakka Nirachath)?
1. Clean okra, and remove moisture.
2. Cut the stalk and end portions of okra.
3. Make a cut lengthwise in the middle portion of each okra piece.
4. Add a little oil to ginger, cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Mix the ingredients well and use it as filling for okra.
6. Keep it aside for 2 hours.
7. Put corn flour inside a plastic bag.
8. Put okras inside the bag and toss it till cornflour fully coats them.
9. Deep fry these okras in hot oil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2005
Read yet another Vendakka Nirachath recipe.
Also read a few more deep fry vegetarian recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.