Ingredients for Navaratna Salad:
1. White chickpeas cooked – 1 cup
Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
Tender beans – ¾ cup
Carrot sliced thin – ½ cup
Salad cucumber cut into square pieces – ¾ cup
Spring onion – 3 stems, chopped thin
Red capsicum – 1, chopped after removing seeds and inner portion
2. Olive oil – 1/3 cup
Honey – 2 small spoons
Salt, pepper powder, mustard powder – As required
Lemon juice – From 1 lemon
Crushed chillies – As required
3. Peanut candy crushed – To decorate
How to prepare Navaratna Salad?
1. Dip tender beans in warm water, then in cold water and cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
2. Spread ingredients no: 1 in a serving dish.
3. Toss ingredients no: 2 in a closed bottle and prepare dressing.
4. Pour this mixture on the top of vegetables and gently mix it.
5. Decorate your Navaratna Salad with crushed peanut candy and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-29, 2022
Also read a few more vegetarian salad recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.