Ingredients for Naan Khatai:
1. Butter or Vanaspati – 1 cup
Sugar powdered – 2 cups
2. Maida – 3 cups
How to prepare Naan Khatai?
1. Mix slowly butter and sugar.
2. Add maida and knead the dough without giving too much pressure.
3. Continue the process till flour won’t stick to your hands.
4. To avoid maida from sticking to hands, sprinkle a little maida flour.
5. Make small balls and transfer to baking tray.
6. Preheat the oven and bake your Naan Khatai.
Source: Vanitha Magazine November 1-14, 2017
Author’s note – While I prepared Naan Khatai using this recipe, I felt that I should have reduced sugar a little bit. So please take care of this tip. But it’s my personal opinion only, as I don’t like sweets and desserts with extra sweetness. You can add cardamom to enhance its aroma, and also place pistas at centre of Naan Khatai before baking.
Naan Khatai (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Naan Khatai (Recipe 2):
1. Ghee – ¾ cup
Sugar powdered – 1 cup
Baking soda – A pinch
2. Maida – 1 cup
Gram flour – 2 small spoons
Semolina – 1 small spoon
Cardamom powder – ½ small spoon
Nutmeg powder (optional) – A pinch
How to prepare Naan Khatai (Recipe 2)?
1. Pre-heat oven in 180 degree Celsius.
2. Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
3. Transfer ingredients no: 1 to a big bowl, and using hands mix all ingredients together till it becomes cream-like.
4. Add ingredients no: 2 and mix well.
5. Make small balls from this mixture and gently press once.
6. Place them on the greased tray at little distance each.
7. Bake your Naan Khatai in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. They should turn golden brown.
8. Take the tray from oven and allow it to cool completely. Once it cools, your Naan Khatai turns crispy.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 1-14, 2022
Also read: Wheat Naan Khatai
Read a few more biscuit and cookie recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.