Ingredients for Mixture:
1. Besan (Gram flour) – ½ kg
2. Oil – 1 kg
3. Cashews – 200 gm
Curry leaves – A handful
4. Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – 1 small spoon
Asafoetida powder – ½ small spoon
How to prepare Mixture?
1. Blend well ¼ kg gram flour.
2. Add 1.5 cups of water and prepare the batter without any lumps.
3. Heat oil.
4. Through a perforated spoon (spatula with pores), pour this mixture to hot oil.
5. Slightly rotate the spoon so that drops fall uniformly on the surface of oil.
6. Deep fry the boondis and drain off excess oil.
7. Using the remaining gram flour, prepare batter and it should be thick similar to idiyappam.
8. Transfer this batter to idiyappam maker (sevanazhi), and press it in hot oil to prepare the sev.
9. Slightly rotate it, so that the batter falls uniformly on the surface of oil.
10. Once it is done, strain from oil and drain off excess oil.
11. Using hands break them to small parts.
12. In the remaining oil, fry cashew nuts and curry leaves.
13. Add it to fried boondi and sev, and mix well.
14. Sprinkle ingredients no: 4 on its top, mix well and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30, 2018
Read a few more gram flour snack recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.