Mixed Grain & Seed Bread
Ingredients for Mixed Grain & Seed Bread:
1. Ragi flour – 100 gm
Gram flour – 100 gm
Rice flour – 100 gm
Wheat flour – 125 gm
2. Butter – 3 big spoons
3. Brown sugar – 1 big spoon
Salt – 1.5 small spoons
White sesame seeds – 3 big spoons
Sunflower seeds – 3 big spoons
Lemon seeds – 3 big spoons
Instant dry yeast – 1.25 small spoon
4. Lukewarm water – Approximate 1.5 cups
5. Milk – A little
How to prepare Mixed Grain & Seed Bread?
1. Blend together ingredients no: 1 in a big bowl.
2. Add butter to it and blend well using fingers.
3. When the flour mixture turns soft, add ingredients no: 3 and mix well.
4. Add water little by little and knead soft dough.
5. Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface and transfer the dough to it.
6. Knead the dough again for 5 more minutes till it turns well-stretchy.
7. Grease a bowl and transfer the dough to it.
8. Wrap it with cling film and place it for 1.5 – 2 hours. Dough will rise up.
9. Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface and transfer the dough to it.
10. Knead the dough again for 5 more minutes.
11. Transfer it to a pan of 8-inch width.
12. Wrap it with a cling film (not too tight) again and allow it to rest for 1 hour. The dough will rise again.
13. Remove the cling film, brush the bread with a little milk and sprinkle a little more seeds.
14. Pre-heat oven in 200 degree Celsius and bake it for 30 minutes.
15. When the bread is half-baked (about 15 minutes), wrap it with a foil paper. If so, your bread won’t turn extra brown.
16. When the Mixed Grain & Seed Bread is done, transfer it to bread wire rack and allow it to cool before use.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-29, 2022
Also read a few sandwich recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.