Pearl Millet and Olive Bread
Ingredients for Pearl Millet and Olive Bread:
1. Pearl millet – 250 gm
2. Maida – 250 gm
3. Instant dry yeast – 1.5 small spoons
Salt – 2.5 small spoons
4. Lukewarm water – Approximately 1.25 cups
Extra virgin olive oil – 4 big spoons
5. Maida -50 gm
Black olives chopped, after removing seeds – 125 gm
How to prepare Pearl Millet and Olive Bread?
1. Soak pearl millet overnight, and drain next morning in muslin cloth.
2. Dry it under direct sun and then make a fine powder.
3. Take maida and powdered millet in a big bowl and blend together.
4. Add ingredients no: 3 to it, mix well, followed by virgin oil and lukewarm water.
5. Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface and transfer the dough to it.
6. Knead the dough slowly for 8-10 minutes, till it turns soft and stretchy.
7. Add remaining maida and olives, and make a ball from dough.
8. Grease a bowl and transfer the dough to it.
9. Wrap it with cling film and place it in a warm place for 1 hour. Dough will rise up to double size.
10. Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface and transfer the dough to it.
11. Punch the dough till it reduces its size and roll it to sausage shape of 24-inch length.
12. Join its ends to form a ring shape.
13. Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet.
14. Wrap it with a cling film (not too tight) and allow it to rest for 30 more minutes. The dough will rise again.
15. Pre-heat oven in 200 degree Celsius and bake the bread for 25-30 minutes, after removing cling film.
16. The bread will rise up and turn golden brown.
17. When it’s done, take it from oven and allow it to cool.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-29, 2022
Also read a few sandwich recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.