Kathirikka Koths (Eggplant Koths)
Ingredients for Kathirikka Koths (Eggplant Koths):
1. Eggplant – 2
2. Tamarind – Small gooseberry sized
3. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
4. Red chillies – 8, broken
5. Mustard – ¾ tsp
6. Asafoetida, salt and coconut oil – As required
7. Jaggery – 1 piece
How to prepare Kathirikka Koths (Eggplant Koths)?
1. Chop eggplant into small pieces.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan.
3. Add red chillies, followed by mustard and fry them.
4. Add tamarind juice and bring to boil
5. Add eggplant, salt and turmeric powder, and cook well.
6. Smash well using a spoon.
7. Add asafoetida, jaggery and curry leaves and put off the flame.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2006
Also read a few more eggplant recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.