Ginger Mint Simple Syrup
Ingredients for Ginger Mint Simple Syrup:
1. Ginger – 2-inch piece
2. Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
3. Mint leaves – 1 cup
Ingredients for Orange Citrus Mocktail:
4. Ginger mint syrup – 1 or 2 big spoons
5. Orange squeezed – 2 big spoons
6. Soda water – ¼ cup
Orange slices and mint leaves – To decorate
How to prepare Ginger Mint Simple Syrup?
1. To make Ginger Mint Simple Syrup, clean ginger and remove its skin first.
2. Cut into two pieces or make small slices.
3. You can also substitute this ginger with 2 cubes of frozen ginger.
4. Take ginger, sugar and water in a small saucepan.
5. Melt it well in low flame.
6. Take from flame and add mint leaves.
7. Allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes, till the syrup gets the essence of mint leaves.
8. When it cools, strain and store in refrigerator in a jar. You can store it this way for 1 month.
9. To prepare Orange Citrus Mocktail, take a glass with capacity of 8-10 ounces.
10. Fill 3/4th of the glass with ice.
11. Add 1.5 big spoons of Ginger Mint Simple Syrup, followed by orange juice and lemon juice.
12. Add soda water and decorate with orange slices and mint leaves.
13. Serve chilled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, February 18 – March 3, 2023