Fish Cooked in Curd (Thairil Vevicha Meen)
Ingredients for Fish Cooked in Curd (Thairil Vevicha Meen):
1. Fish – ½ kg
2. Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 2 pieces, 1 inch each
Cardamom – 2
3. Oil – As needed
4. Onions grinded into a fine paste – 1 big spoon
Ginger paste – 2 small spoons
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – As required
5. Sour curd – 1 cup, whipped
6. Green chillies – 4 with split ends
Sugar – A little
Coriander leaves – 2 big spoons
Method of preparation of Fish Cooked in Curd (Thairil Vevicha Meen):
1. Clean and cut the fish and keep it aside.
2. Powder ingredients listed as no: 2.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry fish.
4. In the remaining oil, sauté ingredients no: 4.
5. Add curd to it, mix well and allow it to boil. Take off the pan from flame.
6. Add fish pieces and ingredients no: 6 to it and cook again in low flame.
7. Cook till gravy turns thick, and the fish gets thickly coated with gravy.
8. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, July 1-14, 2017
Also read yet another Fish Curd Curry.
Read a few more delicious non-veg fish side dish/curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.