Chicken Piralan (Chicken Dry Fry)
Ingredients for Chicken Piralan (Chicken Dry Fry):
1. Chicken – 1
2. Oil – As required
3. Onions – 2, sliced thin
4. Chilli powder – 2 big spoons, soaked in a little water
Pepper powder – 1 big spoon
Mustard – 1 small spoon
Fenugreek fried – 1 small spoon
Cumin seeds – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 small spoon
Shallots – ½ cup
Garlic chopped – 2 small spoons
Ginger – 1-inch piece
Curry leaves – 2 stalks
How to prepare Chicken Piralan (Chicken Dry Fry)?
1. Cut chicken into desired pieces.
2. Heat oil and deep fry onions till golden brown and keep aside.
3. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 4.
4. In the remaining oil, sauté the gravy and then add chicken.
5. Add a little water and cook the chicken.
6. When water content is fully absorbed, add fried onions and take off the flame.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine August 15-31, 2016
Read a few more chicken curry/side dish recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.