Sweet Dates Pickle
Ingredients for Sweet Dates Pickle:
1. Dates sliced thin – 1 cup
2. Red chillies – 10-12, after removing seeds
Mustard dal – ½ small spoon
Garlic – 6 cloves
3. Sesame oil – 2 big spoons
4. Vinegar – ½ cup
Salt – For taste
Sugar/jaggery – 2 big spoons
How to prepare Sweet Dates Pickle?
1. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 2.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and sauté the gravy till raw smell goes out.
3. Add chopped dates and continue sauting.
4. When it is done, add vinegar, salt and sugar/jaggery and boil the contents.
5. Put off the flame when pickle turns thick.
6. When the pickle cools completely, transfer it to glass containers for future use.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2015
A few more vegetarian pickle recipes for you to try. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read: