Drumstick Pickle (Muringakka Achar)
Ingredients for Drumstick Pickle (Muringakka Achar):
1. Drumstick – ½ kg
2. Garlic – 100 gm
Ginger – 100 gm
Fenugreek – 1 small spoon
Kashmiri chilli powder – 5 big spoons
Asafoetida powder – 1 small spoon
3. Gingelly oil – 1 cup
4. Mustard – 1 big spoon
5. Vinegar – 2 cups
Salt – For taste
How to prepare Drumstick Pickle (Muringakka Achar)?
1. Cut drumstick into 1-inch pieces.
2. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 2.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sputter mustard seeds.
4. Add the ground paste to it and sauté it for a few minutes.
5. When it is done, add salt and vinegar and allow it to boil.
6. Add drumstick pieces to it and cook it. (Never overcook drumstick till it turns mushy)
7. Put off the flame and allow the pickle to cool down.
8. Store pickle in glass containers.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2015
A few more vegetarian pickle recipes for you to try. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read: