Lololikka Achar (Scram Berry Pickle)
Ingredients for Lololikka Achar (Scram Berry Pickle):
1. Gingelly oil – ½-1 cup
2. Ripen Lololikka (Scram Berry) – 2 cups full
Salt – As required
3. Fenugreek – 1 big spoon
Red chillies – 6, broken
4. Asafoetida powder – 1 small spoon
5. Mustard – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Lololikka Achar (Scram Berry Pickle)?
1. Heat a little gingelly oil and sauté scram berries.
2. Sprinkle a little salt on it and keep aside. (Never use this oil later)
3. Heat a little oil and fry fenugreek seeds and red chillies.
4. Put off the flame and allow it to cool.
5. Make a fine powder, add asafoetida powder and mix well.
6. Heat the remaining oil and sputter mustard seeds.
7. Add scram berries and powdered masala, mix well and put off the flame.
8. Allow the pickle to cool off completely.
9. Transfer the pickle to an air-tight container. Pickle should fully immerse in oil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 17-30, 2021
For more recipes about pickles, please visit my Pickles page.