Chicken Peera Roast
Ingredients for Chicken Peera Roast:
- Chicken legs -3
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Coconut oil – as needed
How to prepare Chicken Peera Roast?
- Mix all ingredients together except coconut oil and chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with masala and keep it for 20-25 minutes.
- Fry in hot coconut oil.
For Chicken Masala:
- Coconut scrapped and fried – 50 gm
- Cashew fried – 10 gm
- Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
- Mustard – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Shallots sliced – 100 gm
- Tomato – 1
- Green chilli chopped – 1
- Chicken masala – 1 small spoon
- Coconut milk – 80 milli
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1 pinch
- Coconut scrapped – 50 gm
- Ghee – 5 ml
- Cumin seeds – 1 pinch
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 pinch
- Green chilli end spitted – 1
How to prepare?
- Grind well fried coconut and cashew nuts.
- Heat oil and sputter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped green chilli, chicken masala, tomato and shallots and sauté well.
- Add grinded coconut-cashew paste along with coconut milk.
- Add fried chicken pieces and boil for 5 minutes.
- Heat ghee in another pan. Sauté cumin seeds, cinnamon, fennel seeds and cardamom. Add scrapped coconut and fry in low flame till it becomes brown.
- Add chilli powder as well. Mix contents with chicken curry and stir well.
Read a few more chicken curry/side dish recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.