Chemparathi Poo Payasam (Hibiscus Flower Payasam)
Ingredients for Chemparathi Poo Payasam (Hibiscus Flower Payasam):
1. Hibiscus flower (red) – 10
2. Ghee – 1 big spoon
3. Sugar – 1 big spoon
4. Tender coconut pieces (Karikk) – 1 big spoon
5. Coconut milk – 250 milli
6. Cardamom powder – A pinch
How to prepare Chemparathi Poo Payasam (Hibiscus Flower Payasam)?
1. Peel the petals of hibiscus and clean them.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and sauté hibiscus flowers and sugar.
3. When the mixture turns purple colour, add tender coconut pieces and sauté again.
4. Add coconut milk to it, mix well and put the flame off.
5. Add a pinch of cardamom powder and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2016
Also read a few more payasam and pradhaman recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.