Ingredients for Cheeppappam:
1. Rice flour – ¼ kg
2. Ghee – 1 small spoon
2. Egg – 1, beaten
Coconut milk – Approximate 1 cup
Salt – For taste
4. Sesame seeds – ½ big spoon
5. Coconut oil – As needed
6. Sugar – ¾ cup
Water – 1/2 cup
How to prepare Cheeppappam?
1. Take rice flour in a bowl and add ghee.
2. Using fingers, blend flour with ghee.
3. Add beaten egg, salt and coconut milk.
4. Mix the contents and prepare thick dough.
5. Make grape sized balls and spread them as small circle shapes.
6. Using the back side of fork, press on them and prepare shell shapes.
7. Deep fry them in hot oil till they turn light brown.
8. Boil sugar and water together to prepare sugar syrup.
9. When sugar completely melts, reduce the flame.
10. Add fried cheeppappam to it, mix well and put off the flame.
11. Spread it in that container itself and allow to cool completely.
12. Store your cheeppappam in air-tight containers.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, May 28 -June 10, 2022
Read a few more rice flour snack recipes. Visit my page.