Chakkakuru Maanga Curry (Jack Seed Green Mango Curry) Recipe 2
Ingredients for Chakkakuru Maanga Curry (Jack Seed Green Mango Curry):
1. Jack seed cut into small pieces after removing skin – 1 cup
Mango cut to small pieces – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – For taste
Water – 2 cups
2. Coconut scrapped – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – A pinch
Shallots – 2
Turmeric powder – 1/4 small spoon
3. Coconut oil – 3 big spoons
4. Mustard – 1 small spoon
Shallots chopped – 1 small spoon
Curry leaves – 1 stalk
Red chillies – 2
How to prepare Chakkakuru Maanga Curry (Jack Seed Green Mango Curry)?
1. Mix together ingredients no: 1 and cook well.
2. Smash well once contents are well cooked.
3. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 2.
4. Sauté this gravy in a kadai (pan) and add cooked jack seeds and mango to it.
5. Mix the contents well, add salt and water and allow to boil.
6. Once the curry boils, take off from flame.
7. Heat oil and sputter mustards.
8. Sauté shallots till golden brown and add red chillies and curry leaves.
9. Pour these sauted ingredients to your curry and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine February 15-28, 2010
I have earlier added a Chakkakuru Maanga Curry recipe published in Vanitha in 2012. Click here to read this recipe. Image of that recipe has been used here.
Click to read a few green mango recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.