Aval Unda (Rice Flakes Ladoo)
Ingredients of Aval Unda (Rice Flakes Ladoo):
1. Aval – ½ kg
2. Sharkkara (Jaggery) – ½ glass melted adding ½ glass water
3. Coconut – One half scrapped
4. Cardamom – 5, powdered
5. Cashew nuts – 5, broken
How to prepare Aval Unda (Rice Flakes Ladoo)?
- Heat an urli and fry aval. Aval should be fried well (enough to break into pieces), and blend using a mixer. Aval should never be powdered.
- From the aval mixture, keep aside ½ cup powdered aval.
- Melt jaggery and filter the dust particles. Then pour it to urli and boil it till it turns sticky.
- Add scrapped coconut to it and mix well. Add cardamom powder, mix well and put the flame off.
- Add aval to it little by little and mix the ingredients well. Then add broken cashews too.
- Make small aval balls from this mixture. Occasionally dip your hands in aval powder that’s kept aside, while making balls.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-30 2017.
Aval Ladoo (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Aval Ladoo (Recipe 2):
1. Jaggery – 50 gm, melted to get solution
2. Rice flakes (Aval) – 100 gm
Groundnut roasted – 50 gm
Kerala banana (ethapazham) chopped and dried – 50 gm
Coconut scrapped – 25 gm
Butter – 2 tsp
3. Cardamom powder – As needed
How to prepare Aval Ladoo (Recipe 2)?
1. Add ingredients no: 2 to jaggery solution and boil the contents.
2. When water content is fully absorbed add cardamom powder.
3. Mix it well and put the flame off.
4. Allow it to cool a little bit, and make ladoos from this mixture.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2005
Read a few more rice flakes recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.