Useful tips to protect your skin from air pollution
Dust and dirt of air can harm your health and skin a lot. Along with breathing problems and heart related issues, it can give skin problems too. If you are a working lady or college going girl, you get exposed to air pollution easily. If proper care and precautions are taken we can keep most of those bad effects at bay. This article can help you this way.
A few precautions before you go out
Most of us frequently travel in polluted spaces. It may be job requirement, studies or other purposes which we can’t avoid. Only alternative to avoid skin problems is to take a few precautions. Exposure to dust, dirt and sun rays can reduce the skin texture ad colours, fill skin pores with dirt, give pimples and many other problems. It can affect the natural looks, giving wrinkles, reduce elasticity, scars and patches, black heads, itching and reddening of skin, faded hair, hair fall and many other allergies. Here are a few simple beauty tips easy to follow.
1. Use sunglasses during sunny days. Use scarf or umbrella to protect your hair and skin.
2. If you use two-wheelers, you can use jacket, fade cover and glows.
3. Use screen lotion with UV protection before you go out in the daytime. Its power retains for next 3-4 hours. After that wash your face and apply once again. Choose screen lotion with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) with minimum 30 to get good effects.
4. Never use oily makeup during summer if you are going out. Dust particles easily stick on to oily skin giving allergies and other skin issues.
If you are a daily traveller
1. When you return home, wash your face with lukewarm water. Use a cleanser to clean the pores of your face. It removes dust easily.
2. Apply a moisturizer soon after washing face and hands.
3. Never use face wash more than two times a day. Clean water would be sufficient enough.
4. Drink plenty of water to retain moisture content of skin. Otherwise your skin dries easily. Butter milk, lemon juice and tender coconut water are other options.
5. Have a bath with warm water soon after you return from office or college.
6. Never add antiseptic solutions to the water used for bathing. Boil water adding salt, turmeric and neem leaves. Use this water for bath once in a week to reduce skin issues.
Special care is needed for eyes
1. Make sunglasses a habit to protect your eyes. Dust of air as well as sun rays can damage eyes. Use UV protection glasses if you are out on a sunny day.
2. To avoid itching and discomfort of eyes due to the exposure to dust and sunlight, use cotton dipped in cold water to clean your eyes. You can use both cotton or cotton cloth. Dip in water and keep on eyelids for a while, with closed eyes.
3. If eye problems persist for more than three days consult a doctor.
4. Wash your eyes with cold water soon after you return home. Very often we neglect our eyes while washing face.
5. To reduce itching of eyes and darkening of eye lids, tea dust is an instant solution. Used green tea bags can be placed above eye lids for 15-30 minutes.
6. Dip ayurvedic Ilaneer Kuzhamb in your eyes before you go to sleep. It can remove dust and dirt from eyes.
7. Use tender coconut water to wash face and eyes. It’s good for eyes as well as skin health.
8. Put a pinch of turmeric powder in half glass milk and drink every day in empty stomach. It reduces eye itching as well as dark circles around the eyes. It also improves skin complexion.
9. Juice prepared using spinach and carrot is good for eye health.
No compromise with hair
1. Never leave hair loosen when you go out. Use a scarf or cap matching your attire to get a stylish look.
2. If you are exposed to too much dust at workplace, reduce the usage of hair gel, hair spray and hair oil, as they give more chances for dust to stick on to hair.
3. Hair sunscreen spray is good for those who regularly go out during day time.
4. Oily hair and moist hair easily attract dust and other particles. So keep your hair dry free of oil, when you go out.
5. Shampoo your hair once a week. You can also steam your hair and scalp, which helps to remove dust and dirt of hair skin.
6. Air pollution can easily dry your skin. So never avoid a conditioner soon after the use of a shampoo.
7. Make a mixture of egg white, aloe vera, banana and curd and apply on scalp and hair. Wash it after some time to get healthy hair.
A few more beauty tips for skin protection
1. Oil massage once in a week is good for your skin.
2. Drink plenty of water, and adopt family food than fast food. Include a lot of veggies and fruits in your daily diet.
3. To remove the paleness caused by sun exposure apply curd on your face and neck and wash in warm water after 20 minutes.
4. Add tulsi leaves, neem leaves and full turmeric to boiling water. Inhale the steam on a weekly basis. It kills the germs and cleans your skin.
5. Before you go to sleep, remove the makeup completely and clean your face using cleansing milk. Use warm water to wash your face followed by cold water. It helps your skin to remove dirt from pores and breathe easily.
6. Make a habit to apply moisturizing cream before you go to sleep. It blocks the formation of wrinkles.
7. During winters, skin and hair need extra moisturizers. Choose products suiting the season as well as your skin.
Image source: Pixabay
Also read a few more posts on skin care. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.