Sticky Dates Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Ingredients for Sticky Dates Pudding with Caramel Sauce:
1. Dates – 300 gm, chopped into tiny pieces
Boiling water – 1.5 cups
2. Baking soda – 1 small spoon
3. Butter – 90 gm, softened
Brown sugar – 1.25 cups
4. Eggs – 3, beaten slowly
Maida – 1.5 cups, blended with 1 small spoon baking powder
5. Walnut chopped – ½ cup
For caramel sauce:
6. Brown sugar – 1 cup
Cream – ¼ cup
Butter – 100 gm, chopped into pieces
How to prepare Sticky Dates Pudding with Caramel Sauce?
1. Pre-heat oven in 180 degree celsious.
2. Take a round pan (baking tray) of 22 cm diameter and put butter paper at the bottom and on sides.
3. Transfer ingredients no: 1 to a big bowl and mix well.
4. Add baking soda, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Add ingredients no: 3 to it and beat the contents well.
6. Add eggs and maida mixture to it and beat again.
7. Pour this batter to pan and level its surface.
8. Sprinkle walnut pieces on top.
9. Bake your pudding in pre-heated oven for 45-60 minutes.
10. Take it out and after 10 minutes, transfer it to wire rack.
11. To prepare caramel sauce, mix ingredients no: 6 and heat in stove.
12. Keep stirring till sugar melts completely.
13. Cook in low flame for three more minutes and take from flame before the sauce starts to boil.
14. Brush the top portion of pudding with ¼ part of sauce.
15. Transfer the remaining sauce to a small bowl and serve it aside your dates pudding.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, December 15 – 31, 2019
A few more pudding recipes for you. Here is the page link. Click on the images to read: