Oats Steam Cake (Oats Puttu)
Ingredients for Oats Steam Cake (Oats Puttu):
1. Instant oats – 1 cup
Salt –As required
2. Water – 3-4 big spoons
3. Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
Ethapazham (Kerala banana) – Chopped fine, ½ cup
How to prepare Oats Steam Cake (Oats Puttu)?
1. Mix together oats and salt in a bowl.
2. Add water little by little and prepare the flour for steamcake.
3. Use a chiratta putt maker to prepare the steam cake.
4. Place a little scrapped coconut inside it, followed by a little banana pieces, and fill the rest with oats.
5. Now place one more layer of scrapped coconut and banana pieces to complete the steam cake.
6. Steam cook it using a puttu maker or pressure cooker.
7. You can also experiment with jackfruit and dates instead of banana to get delicious varieties.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, July 1-14, 2015
You can read few more delicious steamcake recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.