Sprouted Green Gram Dosa & Burned Tomato Chutney (Mulappicha Cherupayar Dosa & Chutta Thakkali Chammanthi)
Ingredients for Sprouted Green Gram Dosa (Mulappicha Cherupayar Dosa):
1. Black gram dal – 30 gm
Raw rice – 75 gm
2. Sprouted green gram – 100 gm, made into a paste
Water – As required
3. Salt – For taste
Ingredients for Burned Tomato Chutney (Chutta Thakkali Chammanthi):
4. Tomato – 50 gm, chopped into big pieces
Red chilli – 1
Ginger – 1 small piece
Shallots – 2
Curry leaves – 1 stalk
Garlic – 2 cloves
5. Oil – A little
Mustard – A pinch
6. Salt – For taste
How to prepare Sprouted Green Gram Dosa (Mulappicha Cherupayar Dosa)?
1. Soak black gram and rice, and grind to get a smooth batter.
2. Add sprouted gram paste and sufficient water.
3. Allow the batter to rest overnight or for 8 hours.
4. Add salt and prepare dosas.
How to prepare Burned Tomato Chutney (Chutta Thakkali Chammanthi)?
1. Heat a tawa and add ingredients no: 4.
2. Without adding oil or water, burn the ingredients.
3. When it cools, make a fine chutney using the mixer.
4. Heat oil, sputter mustard and add to your burned tomato chutney.
5. Also add salt and mix your chutney well.
6. Serve it with green gram dosa.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, Jul 8 – 21, 2023
Also read a few more dosa recipes. Visit my page.