Simple tips to clean your curtains
Curtains can change the whole look of your interiors. But they need proper care, cleaning and maintenance as well. There are different cleaning methods for different types of curtains. Have a look.
1. Pleated, Eyelet, Loop, Pelmet and Rod Pocket curtains can be cleaned at home easily. Hand wash or machine wash – both can be done for these types of curtains.
2. The holes of the Eyelet curtains should be bind together using thread or rubber band before you put them in washing machine or wash by hands. If so, plastic fittings and paint of eyelets won’t be damaged with severe rubbings and rinsing inside washing machine.
3. Normal pleated and eyelet curtains can be washed at home. But you need to know how to unwind and fix roman and Venetian blends. If you can’t call technician frequently, better choice is to use a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and dust.
4. Venetian blends are made of metal plates. Hence they need not be washed. Instead use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust, and a water-soaked cloth to clean it.
5. Expertise is needed to clean honey comb material, roller blends and wooden blends. Polish your wooden blends once in every six months.
Image source: Pixabay
Read a few more articles on cleaning & maintenance of home & preserving interior and its elements. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.