Shabeer Kallarakkal – “Dancing Rose” in Tamil sports-drama, Sarpatta Parambarai
Shabeer Kallarakkal is a south Indian actor, who works in Tamil cinema. He plays lead, antagonist and supporting roles on screen and is best known for his role as “Dancing Rose” in sports-drama, Sarpatta Parambarai (2021), which opened to positive reviews. He has done more than half a dozen of films till now.
He played male lead in Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe and antagonist in psychological thriller, 54321. Other notable works include – Adanga Maru, Petta, Teddy, Natchathiram Nagargiradhu etc. King of Kotha is his recent work.
Shabeer Kallarakkal started off with an uncredited role in Mani Ratnam’s Aaytha Ezhuthu
Shabeer Kallarakkal hails from Vadakara, Kerala. But he was born and brought up in Chennai. His father is a businessman. He started his film journey with an uncredited role in Mani Ratnam’s Aaytha Ezhuthu (2004). Later he got involved in theatre.
In 2014, he made his screen debut in the lead role for the film, Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe directed by Lakshmy Ramakrishnan. His role as lorry driver was appreciated, and the film also received rave reviews. After that he played a series of roles, mostly in supporting roles and his role as “Dancing Rose” in Sarpatta Parambarai was impressive. Though he has done only a very few films till now, he transforms in appearance in every role he takes.
Shabeer Kallarakkal – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. His family wanted him to get into family business. Yet he pursued his passion in acting, and got support from family.
2. Apart from theatre, he has learnt dancing and martial arts.
3. His most memorable role of “Dancing Rose” in Sarpatta Parambarai happened through the casting director, Nithya. His experience in theatre helped him to earn this role. Also his knowledge in dance, athletics, boxing, martial arts etc helped him a lot to make this role different.
4. He played a bad boy in Jayam Ravi starrer Adanga Maru, and Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s son & Vijay Sethupathy’s elder brother in Peta.
5. He is a fitness freak, and his workout videos are viral.