Saucy Lemon Pudding
Ingredients for Saucy Lemon Pudding:
1. Sugar – 200 gm
2. Unsalted butter – 40 gm
3. Eggs – 3
4. Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
5. Lemon skin scrapped – 1 big spoon
6. Maida – 45 gm
7. Salt – ¼ small spoon
8. Lemon juice – 80 gm
9. Milk – 240 milli
10. Cream of tartar – A pinch
How to prepare Saucy Lemon Pudding?
1. Pre-heat oven in 170 degree Celsius.
2. Mix salt with maida.
3. Keep aside 2 big spoons of sugar.
4. Blend the remaining sugar, along with butter in a mixer.
5. Separate white yolk and yellow yolk of egg.
6. Add yellow yolk one after another to sugar-butter mixture and blend well in mixer.
7. Add lemon skin and vanilla essence and blend again in mixer.
8. Add maida to it, and blend again.
9. Reduce the speed of mixer to minimum and add lemon juice and milk little by little.
10. Blend white yolk in a bowl.
11. Add cream of tartar and blend again.
12. Add 2 big spoons of sugar (kept aside earlier) to it and blend well till foam forms.
13. Add this mixture slowly to maida mixture blended in mixer.
14. Grease small pudding bowls and pour this mixture to each of them.
15. Place all these bowls in a dish and fill it with water till half the level of pudding bowls immerse in it.
16. Bake it in pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes.
17. Spread a little sugar on top and place a little cream too.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine June 15-30, 2010
Also read a few more pudding recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.