Sangram Singh – Wrestler, Actor & Motivational Speaker
Sangram Singh is a professional wrestler, actor and motivational speaker. He is also a philanthropist and health guru, best known for his appearance in reality shows. He finished 4th in Bigg Boss 7 in year 2013 and his appearance in Survivor India also got noticed. He is engaged to his long term girlfriend, model-actress Payal Rohatgi since 2014.
Sangram was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis as an infant
Sangram Singh’s real name is Sanjeet Kumar, and he was born in 1985 as the son of a soldier. He hails from Madina village in Rohtak, Haryana. He was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at a young age, and he spent his life in wheelchair till the age of 8. Through yoga and naturopath, and efforts made by his mother he returned back to normal life. His strong determination also played an important role. Later he went on to become world’s best professional wrestler, winning several trophies. Later he turned a health guru and motivational speaker, inspiring many lives, taking experiences from his wife.
His career as a wrestler
He is a recipient of ‘World’s Best Professional Wrestler’ title by World Wrestling Professionals, South Africa in 2012. His professional career began with Delhi Police and he started his career as a sportsperson representing Delhi Police in 1999. Later he quit his government job to concentrate on to his sports career. He served as brand ambassador for the Wrestling Federation of India in 2014, and won the Commonwealth Heavyweight Championship the following year. He won the same championship for the second time in 2016.
He gained recognition after participating in Bigg Boss 7, and since then has remained in spotlight as he participated in several reality shows. Now he plans to do a biopic of legendary wrestler K. D. Jadhav, where he plays the titular role.
His relationship with Payal Rohatgi
Sangram Singh met actress Payal Rohatgi for the first time on the sets of reality show Survivor India. They have been in a relationship since 2011 and got engaged in 2014. They participated in dance reality show Nach Baliye 7, and stayed in the show till the 7th final episode. Sangram Singh was finalist of season seven of Bigg Boss in 2013. Sangram has always supported her when she makes statements in social media.
Sangram Singh – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. He was born as a premature child and was paralyzed during his childhood. Through his strong determination he returned to sports world from wheel chair.
2. He had a brief stint in Delhi Police before joining entertainment industry.
3. He participated in several celebrity reality shows like Bigg Boss, Survivor India and Sach Ka Saamna.
4. He along with Payal was caught in a sting operation by Cobrapost and CNN/IBN openly asking black money.
5. He loves animals and has remained as brand ambassador of SGACC. He has also adopted animals from this community.
6. He is a philanthropist and a registered organ donor too.