Paneer Mango Payasam
Ingredients for Paneer Mango Payasam:
1. Milk – ½ litre
2. Lemon – 1
3. Butter – 2 big spoons
4. Mango fruit – 1 big, cut into small pieces after removing skin
5. Sugar – 1.5 cups
6. Milk – 1 litre
7. Sago – ½ cup
8. Cardamom powder – ½ small spoon
9. Cashews – 10
How to prepare Paneer Mango Payasam?
1. Boil half litre milk and add lemon juice.
2. When milk splits, take off from flame and stir continuously.
3. Pour this milk to a cotton cloth, strain it and extract paneer.
4. Wash paneer in cold water and completely drain moisture content.
5. Heat butter in a pan and melt butter.
6. Add mango pieces to it and sauté well.
7. Add a little sugar and mix well.
8. In an urli, boil milk and cook sago in milk.
9. Powder paneer and add to cooked sago. Stir continuously.
10. When milk thickens, add the remaining sugar and mix well.
11. Turn off the flame and add cardamom powder.
12. When payasam cools off completely, add mango mixture and stir well.
13. Add fried cashews too.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine September 15-30, 2017
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.