Orange – Chocolate Mousse Cake
Ingredients for Orange-Chocolate Mousse Cake:
1. Oreo biscuit powdered (not so fine) – 2 cups
2. Orange skin peeled – 2 small spoons
Butter melted – ¼ cup
3. Gelatin – 2.5 small spoons
Orange juice – ¼ cup
4. Dark chocolate – 200 gm
Whipping cream – ½ cup
5. Orange skin peeled – 2 big spoons
6. Cream cheese – 500 gm
Sugar – ½ cup
Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
7. Whipping cream – 1 cup
8. Gelatin – 3 small spoons
9. Water – ¼ cup
10. Sugar – ¾ cup
Condensed milk – 1/3rd cup
Orange colour – As needed
Water – ¼ cup
11. Grated white chocolate – 1 cup
How to prepare Orange-Chocolate Mousse Cake?
1. Greese a springform pan of 9 inch diameter.
2. Mix oreo biscuits with ingredients no: 2, transfer it to springform pan and refrigerate.
3. To prepare filling, sprinkle gelatin on the top of orange juice.
4. Mix together ingredients no: 4 and boil the contents to melt.
5. Allow it to cool, and add melted gelatin and orange skin to prepare chocolate mixture.
6. Mix together ingredients no: 6 in another bowl and add chocolate mixture.
7. Whip the cream in another bowl and slowly add it to the above chocolate mixture and blend well the contents.
8. Pour this mixture on the top of refrigerated oreo mixture and place it once again in refrigerator.
9. Allow the contents to set. It may take up to 4 hours.
10. Now place this pan in freezer overnight. Use it for cake preparation the following day.
11. To prepare glaze, sprinkle gelatin in water.
12. Mix together ingredients no: 10 in a pan and allow to heat in low flame.
13. Add gelatin and grated chocolate and boil for 5 minutes.
14. Turn the flame off and allow the contents to cool for at least 40 minutes.
15. Pour this mixture on the top of chocolate mousse (placed in freezer) and place once again in refrigerator to set.
16. You can take it from refrigerator just before you serve.
Vanitha Magazine December 1-14, 2017
You can read a few more delicious cake and bake recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.