1 cup of oats contains 165 calories of energy, 6 gm proteins, 3.5 gm fat, 28 gm fiber and 4 gm fiber. You can prepare variety of oats dishes for your kids. Here I present an easy recipe.
Ingredients for Oats Pancake:
1. Kerala banana (big sized) – 1
2. Egg – 1
Oats – 5 table spoons
Baking soda and salt – A pinch
Sugar – 1 tsp
3. Apple – ½, chopped
4. Butter and pineapple syrup – As required
How to prepare Oats Pancake?
1. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 2 along with banana and transfer it to a bowl.
2. Allow the batter to rest for half an hour.
3. Grease a pan with butter and prepare pancakes using this batter.
4. Decorate with chopped apple and pineapple syrup and serve hot.
Courtesy: Grihalakshmi Magazine, June 1 – 15, 2019
Oats Pancake (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Oats Pancake (Recipe 2):
1. Oats – ½ cup
Baking powder – ½ small spoon
Sour-less curd – 150 milli
Banana – ½
Egg – 1
Vanilla essence – ½ small spoon
2. Ghee – a little
How to prepare Oats Pancake (Recipe 2)?
1. Grind ingredients no: 1 together to prepare the batter.
2. Grease pan with a little butter and pour a ladle of batter to it.
3. Spread it to a pancake and allow it to cook.
4. When it is done, flip once and cook the other side too.
5. Both sides of oats pancake should turn golden brown.
6. Serve pancakes with jam or ice cream.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, May 1 – 14, 2018
Also read: Oats – Apple Pancake
Also read a few more pancake and pan roll recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.