Ingredients for Neyyada:
1. Maida – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Salt – A pinch
Water – A little
2. Eggs – 4
Sugar – ¾ cup
Cardamom powder – 1 small spoon
3. Ghee – 100 gm
4. Cashews – 1/4 cup
Raisins – ¼ cup
How to prepare Neyyada?
1. Prepare thin batter using ingredients no: 1.
2. Beat ingredients no: 2 together.
3. Fry raisins and cashews in a portion of ghee.
4. In a non-stick pan with flat bottom, apply ghee as a thin layer.
5. Pour one big spoon of maida mixture, rotate and spread as a layer.
6. Pour a little ghee on top and sprinkle some fried cashews and raisins.
7. Close the lid and cook this mixture.
8. When it’s done, pour a small spoon of ghee on its surface.
9. Pour a little egg-sugar mixture as next layer, and sprinkle some fried cashews and raisins.
10. Close the lid and cook it till this egg mixture cooks well and sets.
11. Prepare different layers of egg mixture and maida mixture as above. Cook each layer before pouring next.
12. On the topmost layer, sprinkle more raisins and cashews.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 30 – May 13, 2022
End note: I prepared this dessert today. It tastes amazing, very much resemble a countryside pudding with a twist. I recommend.
Also read a few more ada recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.