Mackerel – Mango curry (Ayala Maanga Curry)
Ingredients for Mackerel – Mango curry:
- Mackerel – 2 (medium sized)
- Green mango – 1
- Green chillies – 4
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 table spoon
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Shallots – 4
- Curry leaves – 2 stems
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
How to prepare Mackerel-Mango curry?
- Clean the fish and make it to three pieces each.
- Make a fine paste of ingredients 4 to 8.
- Cut mango to small pieces.
- Add mango pieces, coconut paste, curry leaves and green chillies to fish pieces along with sufficient water and salt and cook in an earthen pot.
Click to read a few green mango recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.