Ingredients for Kinnathappam:
1. Raw rice – 1 cup
2. Coconut milk -2.5 cups
Sugar – 4 big spoons
Salt – ¼ small spoon
Cashews soaked – 1 small spoon
3. Cardamom powder – ¼ small spoon
How to prepare Kinnathappam?
1. Soak raw rice for 6 hours.
2. Make a fine paste of rice, along with ingredients no: 2.
3. Strain the batter twice through a strainer.
4. Add cardamom powder and mix the batter well.
5. Grease a container and pour batter into it.
6. Steam cook it for 15 minutes.
7. Allow it to cool completely and cut into desired pieces.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 2-15, 2022
Also read a few more rice sweet recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.