Karikk Payasam (Tender Coconut Payasam)
Ingredients for Karikk Payasam (Tender Coconut Payasam):
1. Tender coconut (Karikk) – 4
2. Ghee – 2 big spoons
3. Sugar – 350 gm
Coconut milk – 1 litre
4. Cashews and raisins fried in ghee – 50 gm each
5. Dried ginger powder – 1 small spoon
Cardamom powder – ½ small spoon
How to prepare Karikk Payasam (Tender Coconut Payasam)?
1. Scratch tender coconut from coconut shell.
2. Grind half amount of tender coconut in a mixer.
3. Make small pieces of the remaining tender coconut.
4. Heat ghee and add grinded tender coconut to it. Sauté it for 2 minutes.
5. Add sugar and coconut milk to it and boil well.
6. Add tender coconut pieces to it and cook till your payasam thickens.
7. Add ingredients no: 4 and 5 to it, mix well and serve hot.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2016
Also read: Karikk – Koovapodi Payasam
Also read a few more payasam and pradhaman recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.