Kadalapola (Bengal Gram Pola)
Ingredients for Kadalapola (Bengal Gram Pola):
1. Bengal gram – ½ kg
2. Milk – 1 cup
Eggs – 5
Condensed milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ small spoon
3. Ghee – 2 big spoons
4. Cashews – A little
Raisins – 2 big spoons
5. Cherries – To decorate (optional)
How to prepare Kadalapola (Bengal Gram Pola)?
1. Wash Bengal gram and soak for an hour.
2. Wash again and cook the gram in pressure cooker adding 1 cup water. 4-5 whistles are enough.
3. When it almost cools, transfer to a mixer jar along with ingredients no: 2 and coarse grind them.
4. Place a tawa on a stove and a non-stick saucepan on its top.
5. Add 2 big spoons of ghee to it and grease the surface and edges as well.
6. Close the lid and cook the gram mixture in low flame for 10 minutes.
7. Open the lid and decorate with raisins and cashews. You can roast both in ghee before adding (optional).
8. Close the lid and cook for 10-20 minutes until your Kadalapola bakes like a cake.
9. You can decorate with cherries and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, March 18-31, 2023
Read a few more Gram Flour Sweets & Desserts recipes. Visit my page.