Ingredients of Fruit Custard:
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Custard powder – 2 big spoons
- Banana, cherry, mango and apple – to decorate (all needed to be made to pieces)
How to prepare Fruit Custard?
- Boil milk and add 3 cups of sugar.
- When its water content is almost reduced add custard powder, mixed with a spoon of milk. Stir continuously.
- When water content is almost absorbed put the flame off and allow it to cool.
- Refrigerate it and serve adding fruit pieces.
Fruit Custard (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Fruit Custard (Recipe 2):
1. Apple chopped into small pieces – ½ cup
Pineapple chopped into small pieces – ½ cup, cooked adding 2 small spoons of sugar
Black grapes – ¼ cup
Orange, after removing skin and seeds – ¼ cup
Pomegranate – ¼ cup
Njalipoovan banana (small sized) – ½ cup
2. Honey – As needed
3. Milk – 250 milli
Custard powder – 3 big spoons
4. Milk – ½ litre
Sugar – ¼ cup
5. Milk – 2 big spoons
Yellow yolk – 1
6. Condensed milk – 6-8 big spoons
How to prepare Fruit Custard (Recipe 2)?
1. Mix ingredients no: 1 together, add a little honey and place in refrigerator for a while.
2. Mix custard powder in 250 milli milk.
3. Add sugar to half litre milk and place in flame.
4. When it boils, reduce flame and add custard mixture.
5. Keep stirring to avoid formation of lumps.
6. Beat ingredients no: 5 together.
7. Take milk-custard mixture from flame, add egg mixture, mix well and place back in flame.
8. Keep stirring till contents turn thick and put off the flame.
9. Add condensed milk and allow the contents to cool.
10. Place it in refrigerator for a while.
11. Put fruits in serving bowls, and pour a little custard on top.
12. Serve chilled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-29, 2022You can read a few more fruit dessert recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.