Egg-less Chocolate Cake
If you are diet conscious, you can have this Eggless Chocolate Cake, even present it to someone the same. Maida content has been reduced in this recipe, and substituted with ragi powder, which is more healthy. As eggs have been substituted with flax seeds soaked in water, vegetarians can also use it.
Ingredients for Eggless Chocolate Cake:
1. Butter – 185 gm/Coconut oil – ¼ cup
2. Brown sugar – 130 gm
3. Coco powder – 1.5 small spoons
4. Maida – 85 gms
5. Ragi powder – 25 gms
6. Milk – 90 milli
7. Baking powder – 2 small spoons
8. Flaxseeds – 2 big spoons
How to prepare Eggless Chocolate Cake?
1. Keep flaxseeds in freezer for 10 minutes and then make a fine powder.
2. Add 6 big spoons of lukewarm water to it and soak it.
3. Pre-heat oven in 180 degree Celsius.
4. Take butter, brown sugar and baking powder in a bowl and beat well.
5. Add soaked flaxseed powder and mix well.
6. Add milk and coco powder followed by maida.
7. Finally add maida and gently mix it to prepare the batter.
8. Grease a baking tin and pour this batter into it.
9. Bake your Eggless Chocolate Cake till it’s done.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, February 4-17, 2023
You can read a few more delicious cake and bake recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.