Ingredients for Dal Paratha:
1. Bengal gram – 100 gm, soaked for 2 hours
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Kashmiri chilli powder – ½ small spoon
Cumin powder – ½ small spoon
Ajwain – ½ small spoon
Coriander leaves chopped – 1 small spoon
Salt – As needed
2. Wheat flour/Atta – ½ kg
3. Salt and water – As needed
4. Butter – As needed
How to prepare Dal Paratha?
1. Mix ingredients no: 1 together in a bowl.
2. Mix ingredients no: 2 and knead the dough.
3. Make small balls and spread into small round shapes similar to puris. Edges should be thin comparing the centre portion.
4. Grease the chapatis with a little butter.
5. Place a little dal mixture at centre portion, wrap it fully, and make a small ball.
6. Continue the process and roll each ball in flour.
7. Spread it again to get chapati shapes.
8. Heat a tawa and place one chapati on it.
9. Flip both sides, grease with butter and cook till your dal paratha turns crispy.
10. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, June 10 – 23, 2023
Also read a few more roti and paratha recipes. Visit my page.