Ingredients for Crispy Ethakkappam:
1. Big sized banana well-ripen – 1 kg
2. Puttu powder -1 cup
Maida – ½ cup
Salt – A pinch
Soda bi carbonate – ¼ small spoon
Cumin seeds – ½ small spoon
Sugar – 4 big spoons
3. Water – 1 ¾ cups
4. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Crispy Ethakkappam?
1. Cut each banana into two halves and split each part lengthwise into two.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 2 in a bowl.
3. Add water little by little to prepare the batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan, dip each banana piece in the batter and fry both sides till light brown.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine September 1-14, 2017
You can read more banana snacks recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.