Creamy Chicken Half Moon Pie
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Half Moon Pie:
1. Oil – 2 big spoons
Butter – 2 big spoons
2. Onions chopped fine – 2 cups
Capsicum chopped fine – 1 cup
Crushed chillies – 1 small spoon
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 big spoon
Carrot chopped fine – ½ cup
3. Maida – 2 big spoons
4. Chicken stock – ¼ cup
Milk – ¼ cup
5. Salt and pepper powder – As needed
Spring onion chopped fine – A little
Coriander leaves chopped fine – A little
Cooked chicken, adding salt and pepper – 300gms, cut into small pieces
6. Water – 1.5 cups
Salt – ½ small spoon
Sugar – 1 small spoon
Butter – 1 big spoon
7. Maida – 1.5 cups
8. Eggs – 2
Salt – For taste
Milk – 2 big spoons
Pepper powder – As needed
9. Bread crumbs – As needed
10. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Creamy Chicken Half Moon Pie?
1. Mix ingredients no: 2 in a saucepan and heat it.
2. Sauté ingredients no: 2.
3. When onions turn golden brown colour, add 2 big spoons of maida.
4. Reduce the flame and mix the contents well.
5. Add chicken stock and milk, and continue cooking till it turns cream-like.
6. Add ingredients no: 5 and put off the flame.
7. Boil ingredients no: 6.
8. Reduce the flame and add maida.
9. Keep stirring for a few minutes and put off the flame.
10. Transfer the hot contents to a flat surface, and knead it for a few minutes till it turns soft.
11. Make a big-sized ball from the dough.
12. Spread flour on a flat surface and using a chapati pin, roll the dough. It should not be too thick or too thin.
13. Use a cutter to cut round shapes from it.
14. Continue the process for remaining maida mixture as well and make round shapes.
15. Place a little filling on one half of the small chapati, and seal with the other edge to get a semi-circle shape.
16. Stick the edges using water.
17. Continue the process for remaining chapatis and fillings.
18. Beat ingredients no: 8 together and dip each piece in it.
19. Wrap them in bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil.
20. Your Creamy Chicken Half Moon Pies should turn golden brown.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, March 18-31, 2023
Read a few more chicken snack recipes. Visit my page.