Aloo Tikki Chaat
Ingredients for Aloo Tikki Chaat:
1. Potato – 6, cooked and smashed
Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 small spoons
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Corn flour – 7 big spoons
Amchur powder – 1 small spoon
Chaat masala, salt – As required
2. Oil – 10 big spoons
3. Onion – 1, chopped fine
Tomato – 1, chopped fine
4. Cumin powder – 2 small spoons
Sev, Coriander leaves chopped – As required
5. Sweet yogurt – As required
6. Green chutney, Tamarind chutney – As required
How to prepare Aloo Tikki Chaat?
1. Mix ingredients no: 1 together and make small balls.
2. Place inside palm and gently press each of them to get cutlet shape.
3. Grease a tawa, heat it and place each cutlet on it.
4. Cook both sides till it’s done. This is called Aloo Tikki.
5. Mix ingredients no: 3 together in a bowl.
6. Break aloo tikki and put in bowl.
7. Add ingredients no: 4 and pour sweetened yogurt on top.
8. Serve with Green chutney and Tamarind chutney.
9. To prepare green chutney: Make a fine paste of green chillies, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Add salt also.
10. To prepare tamarind chutney: Make a fine paste of tamarind, sugar, Kashmiri chilli, ginger and salt.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine January 21 – February 3, 2023
Read a few more potato recipes. Visit my page.