Ingredients for Vishu Ada:
1. Ghee – 2 small spoons
2. Kerala banana (Ethapazham) – 1, chopped into fine pieces
3. Jaggery melted – 200 milli
Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
4. Cardamom powder – A pinch
5. Water – 1.25 cups
6. Fine rice powder – 1 cup
Salt – 2 pinch
7. Banana leaf torn in square pieces – 5
How to prepare Vishu Ada?
1. Heat ghee in a pan and sauté banana pieces.
2. Add melted jaggery and scrapped coconut and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add cardamom powder, mix well and take off from flame.
4. Heat water in a pan and when it boils add rice flour and salt.
5. Keep stirring for two minutes and take off from flame.
6. Using hands knead the dough till it turns soft.
7. Make 5 balls from this dough.
8. Take one banana leaf and spread one ball as a thin layer.
9. Place a little banana filling, fold it and press once.
10. Continue the process for remaining 4 balls.
11. Steam cook the adas for 15 minutes.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 1-14, 2019
Read a few more Ada recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.