Tender Coconut Water Pudding (Karikk Vellam Pudding)
Ingredients for Tender Coconut Water Pudding (Karikk Vellam Pudding):
1. Tender coconut water – 600 milli
Sugar powdered – 1.75 cup
2. China grass – 10 gm, chopped
3. Tender coconut – 2 cups
4. Milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
How to prepare Tender Coconut Water Pudding (Karikk Vellam Pudding)?
1. Take half amount of tender coconut water and add sugar.
2. Keep it in flame and boil the contents.
3. Add the remaining tender coconut water too and chopped china grass.
4. When china grass completely melts, put off the flame.
5. Spread this to a container and allow to set. Pour hot.
6. When it cools completely, place in refrigerator.
7. Boil milk and sugar together.
8. Make a fine paste of tender coconut and add to it.
9. Put off the flame.
10. When it cools, cut into small pieces and add to refrigerated pudding.
11. Serve chilled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine August 15-31, 2010
Read a few more pudding recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.