Tart with Fruit Palada
Ingredients for Tart with Fruit Palada:
For Tart Base:
1. Butter melted – ¾ cup
Biscuit crushed – 200 gm
For Fruit Palada:
2. Cashews chopped – 1 tablespoon
Raisins – 1 tablespoon
Ghee – 2 tablespoons
3. Condensed milk/Milkmaid – ½ tin
Rice ada – 1/3 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
4. Cornflour – 2 tablespoons
Milk – 4 tablespoons
5. Fresh fruits – Mango, apple, pomegranate (To garnish)
How to prepare Tart with Fruit Palada?
1. Take a bowl and put melted butter and smashed biscuit.
2. Mix it well and prepare the dough for tart.
3. Transfer the dough to tart moulds and set it using the backside of a spoon.
4. Place the tart bases in refrigerator for 1 hour and allow them to set.
5. To prepare fruity palada, first soak rice ada in 2 cups of lukewarm water for 10 minutes.
6. Remove water and thoroughly rinse the ada in cold water 2-3 times.
7. Fry ghee and raisins in hot ghee and keep them separate.
8. In a thick bottomed pan, take milk, condensed milk, cardamom powder and soaked ada.
9. Cook the contents in medium flame for a while.
10. Add cornflour-milk mixture to it.
11. Keep stirring so that contents won’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
12. Continue cooking till palada turns soft and thick (around 10-15 minutes).
13. Take palada from flame and add fried raisins & cashews and fresh fruits chopped.
14. Allow your fruit palada to cool off completely.
15. Take the tart bases from refrigerator and fill each of them with fruit palada.
16. Chill them in refrigerator for 3-4 hours and remove the moulds before you serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine January 7-20, 2023
Read a few more tart recipes. Visit my page.