Tapioca Tarts (Kappa Tarts)
Ingredients for Tapioca Tarts (Kappa Tarts):
1. Tapioca – 2 cups
2. Oil – 1 big spoon
3. Onion – 1, chopped fine
Green chillies – 2, chopped fine
4. Turmeric powder – A pinch
Salt – For taste
How to prepare Tapioca Tarts (Kappa Tarts)?
1. Remove the skin of tapioca and cut into small pieces.
2. Cook it well adding sufficient water.
3. Strain water completely and smash it well using a ladle.
4. Heat oil in a pan and sauté ingredients no: 3, followed by salt and turmeric powder.
5. When contents are sauted well, add smashed tapioca to it.
6. Mix the contents well and take off from flame.
7. Allow the contents to cool and mix once again.
8. Make small balls from this mixture and spread into ¼ inch thick chapattis.
9. Using tart cutter, make uniform sized tarts.
10. Bake these tarts in oven till they turn light brown.
11. You can fill this tarts by prawn ularthu, prawn piralan, minced meat, chopped chicken piralan or any other filling of your choice and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2010
Click to read a few more delicious tapioca recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.