Spinach Walnut Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Ingredients for Spinach Walnut Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato sauce:
1. Spinach cleaned – 150 gm
2. Potato – 300 gm
3. Butter – 4 big spoons
4. Garlic chopped fine – 1 big spoon
5. Walnut chopped – 2 big spoons
6. Salt and white pepper powder – As required
7. Maida – 100 gm
For Tomato sauce:
8. Tomato – 300 gm
9. Olive oil – 2 big spoons
10. Garlic chopped fine – 1 big spoon
Onion chopped fine – 2 big spoons
Crushed chillies – 1 small spoon
11. Basil leaves (Rama tulsi) – 5, sliced thin
Salt and pepper powder – As required
12. Grated cheese – 2 big spoons
How to prepare Spinach Walnut Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato sauce?
1. Dip spinach in boiled water for a few seconds and take it out.
2. After completely removing water content, chop them into very fine pieces.
3. Cut potatoes into square pieces after removing skin and cook well adding salt.
4. Heat butter and sauté garlic and add walnut pieces.
5. Smash cooked potato in a big bowl and add chopped spinach and walnut mixture.
6. Mix it well followed by salt and pepper powder.
7. Slowly add maida and prepare the dough.
8. If needed add extra maida, and then make small balls.
9. Place each ball in your palm and press it once using a fork.
10. Boil water in a saucepan adding salt and put the balls.
11. Cook it for 5 minutes till cooked balls float on the surface of water.
12. Strain excess water and keep the balls aside. These balls are called ‘Gnocchi’
13. Put tomatoes in boiling water and suddenly put them in cold water.
14. Remove skin and seeds of tomato and chop into fine pieces.
15. Heat olive oil and sauté ingredients no: 10 till they turn light brown.
16. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes in low flame.
17. Add extra water if needed.
18. Add ingredients no: 11, mix well and cook for a few more minutes till the mixture turns tender.
19. Heat a little olive oil in another pan and sauté a small spoon of garlic.
20. Add Gnocchi balls to it, toss and mix well.
21. Transfer the contents to a serving plate and pour the tomato sauce on its top.
22. Also sprinkle grated cheese before you serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-16, 2016
Also read a few Roti & Paratha recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.