Pacha Maanga Lonchi (Green Mango Lonchi)
Ingredients for Pacha Maanga Lonchi:
- Green mango – 1 cut into 8 pieces after removing skin
- Coconut oil – 2 small spoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 pinch
- Cloves – 1 pinch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Shallots – 2 (finely chopped)
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Jaggery solution – After melting and filtering, ½ cup
- Pepper powder – ½ small spoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ small spoon
- Mint leaves – To decorate
How to prepare Pacha Maanga Lonchi?
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and cloves one pinch each.
- Sauté for a few seconds till it gets fried and add garlic and chopped shallots. Sauté again.
- Add cut mango pieces to it, chilli powder and salt, and cook it for 5 minutes with lid closed.
- Stir well adding half cup jaggery solution.
- When it starts thickening, add garam masala and pepper powder and stir well.
- Decorate with pudina leaves and put off the flame.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30 2017
Click to read a few green mango recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.
(Visited 490 times, 1 visits today)