Ingredients for Paachoru:
1. Unakkalari (Payasam rice) – 2 cups
2. Coconut – ½
3. Jaggery – ¼ kg
4. Cashews, raisins – 20 gms each
How to prepare Paachoru?
1. Smash jaggery, add 1 cup water and boil it to prepare jaggery solution.
2. Strain it and keep aside.
3. Add ½ cup water to scrapped coconut and extract coconut milk. Keep the remaining coconut too.
4. Cook rice adding 4 cups of water.
5. When it’s almost done, add jaggery solution and left-over coconut after extracting milk.
6. Continue cooking till water content is fully absorbed.
7. Add coconut milk and mix the contents well.
8. Add fried cashews and raisins to it, and put the flame off.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2005
Also read a few rice flour dessert recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.